Southern Peripheral Road to be the emerging reality hotspot of Gurgaon
Southern Peripheral Road in New Gurgaon is drawing the increased attention of end-users and investors alike. Read on to know the reasons that are making SPR, the growing real estate hub in the region…
A crucial link between Faridabad-Gurgaon Road, Golf Course Extension Road and Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway, the Southern Peripheral Road (SPR) is an emerging reality hotspot in New Gurgaon. It is believed that it will emerge as a posh locality having a mix of residential and commercial properties, in the next few years.
Positioned as an up-market location, this 16 km long and 150-meter wide road intersects Sohna Road at Badshahpurand connects NH-8 to the Golf Course Extension Road. With excellent connectivity to the existing commercial hubs and rapidly developing social infrastructure, residential as well as commercial realty market of SPR is expected to fetch good returns on investment in the years to come.
Advantages of Southern Peripheral Road
There are many factors that are working in favour of SPR and making it an excellent upcoming residential hub. Let’s take a look at them:
1. Excellent connectivity: Proximity with the developed areas of Gurgaon and the commercial hubs nearby are primarily main factors working in favour of this location. Excellent connectivity to the Golf Course Extension Road, Gurgaon-Sohna Road and NH-8 is also an advantage. SPR is also linked to Dwarka Expressway through National Peripheral Road (NPR). Further, through Hero Honda Chowk, Rajiv Chowk and NH-8 on SPR, one can easily reach Delhi, Faridabad and Gurgaon.
2. Educational institutes nearby: The area offers better social infrastructure and amenities in comparison to the Northern Peripheral Road (NPR). BMW Training Centre and Suraj Public School are on the SPR while going towards Gurgaon-Jaipur Highway.
3. Nearby residential hubs: The residential areas adjacent to the SPR include Gurgaon Sectors 69, 70, 70A, 71, 73, and some portions of 48. Approximately, 20,000 units are under construction in various sectors along this road.
4. Affordable prices: The under-construction properties are currently, priced in the range of Rs 4,500 to Rs 9,500 which is approximately 20-30 percent lesser than the projects in Sohna Road and Golf Course Extension Road.
5. Presence of premium projects: The belt is touted to become a premium residential hub in future due to the presence of luxurious and ultra-luxurious projects equipped with modern amenities such as clubs, swimming pools, gym, promised high specification in terms of interiors and other things in the area. Majority of the apartments in the location are of 3 and 4-BHK configurations of 1,500 to 3,000 sqft.
6. Proximity to commercial spaces: Besides residential realty, this area also has a great potential for institutional and commercial development. Sectors 74, 75 and front belt of 71 and 73 are designated for commercial development.SPR is also in close proximity with DLF Corporate Greens (having the Tata Consultancy Services office), next to NH-8.
7. Future plans: As per the New Gurgaon-Sohna Master Plan 2031, few major infrastructure projects are planned along the SPR. They include an extension of Delhi Metro Yellow Line, extending the road to a six-lane expressway and linking it to Gurgaon-Faridabad Road. Once completed, SPR will provide excellent connectivity of NH-8 to Golf Course Extension road.
Ready-to-move-in properties in the region
The major sectors fall under SPR are Sector 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 & 75, out of which sector 69 and 70 are the most developed and attention seeking sectors due to their close and direct proximity with Faridabad, Sohna, and Gurgaon-Sohna Road. The 69 sector is also just a stone throwing distance from various commercial establishments and malls including Spaze, JMD etc. The key projects in sector are Tulip Orange which is home of more than 500 families, white, Ivory, Purple and upcoming Violet. Even an affordable housing project Lemon has also come up in this vicinity.
Given the factors working in favour of SPR, many prominent developers like Tulip Infratech, TATA Housing DLF, Unitech, GPL, AIPL, BTTP, have their ready to move and upcoming luxury projects in the area. Out of all, Tulip Infratech’sTulip Violet which is offering ready-to-move-in apartments is worth the mention.
is 500 meter from the proposed metro link and closer to NH-8, 20 minutes from IGI and domestic airport. In addition, one can find multiplexes, business hubs and corporate offices, shopping centers, hospitals with best Medicare, world-class schools for education, large green belt and religious places in close proximity of Tulip Violet. Also, a 60 meter wide road is proposed in front of Tulip Violet in Sector 69 and it will extend up to Sector 70 A and touch the BMW Training Centre which connects SPR.”
Bright future ahead
The development is taking at a fast pace at SPR and the 50-meter patch which was not constructed yet due to legal litigation has also got the clearance. Thus, the area has a bright future ahead. The region offers a host of options for investment by reputed developers at affordable prices which will have a capital appreciation of 25-30 percent in the near future. When fully operational, more developers are expected to launch their projects in the area which is bound to see much positive growth in the coming years. Thus, the demand for residential properties along the SPR is touted to increase manifold in future.
The 16-km-long Southern Peripheral Road (SPR) in Gurugram, once completed, will directly connect Golf Course Road with National Highway 8 (NH 8). This key road originates from Gurgaon-Faridabad Road near Ghata Kanarpur and meets NH 8 near Kherki Dhaula via an intersection at Sohna Road, at Badshahpur Chowk. Despite being the smallest of all corridors in Gurugram, the SPR spans 11 sectors from Sector 68 to Sector 75A and enjoys good connectivity with all parts of the city. The government has named this stretch as National Highway 248.
The work on the 90-meter-wide road has already begun. The Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) managed to successfully rehabilitate the residents of Rambir Ki Dhani – a hamlet that had been a hurdle in the completion of the project. Once the SPR is complete, a drive to the Indira Gandhi International Airport is likely to take approximately 40-45 minutes from here, while the NH 8 can be reached within 30 minutes.