Retail high street markets are the newest entry in the retail real estate of the country. Not only from a brand’s or a customer’s perspective, but also from an investor’s perspective, it’s a great place to invest today.
Some factors that explain such an investment are:
- High Rentals: Since these markets house reputed high-end brands, the companies are ready to pay higher rentals for the right size and location of the property. An example is retail shops in Gurgaon that are doing brisk business and able to pay high rents.
- Maintenance: The entire upkeep and maintenance is mostly handled by the tenants except the taxes and duties.
- Long Term: A company might take time to finalise a place to house their showroom, but once they invest, it’s for a long duration as it’s also about their brand equity. For example, such retail shops in Gurgaon didn’t sprout overnight, but once they set up shop, they stay. In that way, an investor is assured of high rentals over a long period of time.
- Demand: Major metros of the country are crunched for space. At the same time, the country is growing and demand for such high-end brands is growing in Tier 2 cities too. Therefore, companies are scouting for such places on rent in these cities.
- Future: Compared to malls, retail high street markets have a huge potential for growth as they are at an initial stage. The global trend is yet to catch up in the country and those who invest today, shall reap healthy returns in the future.
The retail high street markets, the ones like retail shops in Gurgaon, are here to stay and grow bigger and more lucrative for every company dealing in retail. It’s high time, as an investor, you joined the party!